Monday, September 14, 2009

Calculator Saga Continues

I've gotten a VERY generous donation of 45 graphing calculators - yes - 45!!
They are in a couple of boxes and hopefully flying this way as I type.

My plan for these puppies is to allow my grade 10's to use them for their
exams that start (gasp!) October 6. I will give a calculator to the
learners that are promoted to Grade 11. (There probably won't be more than
10). But those learners will have to come back at the end of the year to
collect them.

This way, I'll have 60 calculators for use in my two sections of Grade 9.
The top 20 in each class going into the exam will have their own calculator
for use on the exams. And the remaining 20 will be distributed for sharing
during the tests.

The top scorers overall (not just from the exam, but for the year) will be
given the calculators left over from Grade 10s (likely around 50).

Here's the kicker - each calculator that's being sent takes 4 triple A
batteries, and sadly, batteries are not included. A single battery is about
$1US. So to put batteries in all 45, it'll cost me around $169USD (which is
half my stipend). Many have asked about more opportunities to support the
goings on here. This is definitely it!!

Email me if you can help :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Followers