Saturday, September 12, 2009

Teams Update

The team concept seems to be proceeding fairly well, as best I can tell.
There are a few hiccups, like the fact that 3 of my higher performers (and
hence team captains or acting captains) didn't show up at school last week.
2 of them were in a very serious car accident and are in the hospital - I'm
told it was some sort of drunk driving thing, but I have no details. And
another is just "sick". SO, that leaves their teams in a lurch. But until
I'm told they won't be returning, I can't really distribute the remaining
people. Oh, and one team captain is throwing some serious attitude. I
don't know what to do to motivate him.

Other than that, the rest seem to enjoy working together, and are proud of
their names and when they put the right answer on the board. Some of my
favorite team names are:
Ice Machine (slogan: "Too Cool")
The Survivors
Strength and Faith (love this one because it's arguably the weakest team in
the class)
SOH CAH TOA
NDF2 (Namibian Defense Force 2)

The first round of quizzes go out on Tuesday - we'll see how they do. I'll
report the results as I get em.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Followers