Sunday, April 8, 2012

Cambodia: A Love (or Lack Thereof) Story

Inquiring minds want to know...what lies ahead for James and I? It's likely quite clear by now... James either wasn't interested in beginning a relationship at all, or he wasn't interested in beginning one with me. We talked a couple of times about what was going on between us. I had trouble knowing if he even liked me or not, let alone if he had any interest in me as a potential partner.

He said he liked me, thought I was great/amazing, etc. but just "wasn't into public displays of affection." Mind you, I wasn't looking to make out in public - I'm not into that either. I would have liked to make out more in private though. And in public, I'd like my someone to reach for my hand, to take my picture without me looking when it was a good or cute one, to put an arm around me, to look me in the eye and say, "Happy Birthday Baby", to prefer my company over a Facebook group on the iPhone, to tell me I look pretty, to rub my shoulders, and have me know - for sure - that I'm liked, loved, wanted, needed, and cared for. I deserve that, all of that, and more.

Now I'm not saying I was hoping James was the one. I was just hoping for a good time together and if more developed between us, fabulous. In the end, much fun was had, and I did fall in love......with Cambodia :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Followers