Sunday, July 19, 2009

Time keeps on slippin slippin.

Not too much to report on this side of the world. The funeral services of
our English teacher were this past Saturday in Katima (the far far eastern
town in the Caprivi Strip). I did not attend, though I was invited. It
would have been a 6 hour round trip and transportation was severely limited.
I decided that it mattered more to others to go so I didn't want to take up
space.



I have offered to take over his English classes if someone will take my
physical science classes, simply because the grade 10's NEED more
instruction for their national exams. I should know the outcome of that
tomorrow hopefully.



Thankfully the learner who lost his father 2 weeks ago returned to school on
Friday.



This weekend I went to "that side" of Rundu, a full 4 hour trip for me, to
visit Rachel and Mita. It's beautiful over there, but at the end of a very
very dusty and bumpy gravel road. The trip was exhausting, but it was nice
to see the other side.



Next weekend I'm back in Rundu for Megan's last weekend there. I'll be
soooooo sorry to see her go.



All for now folks. Email me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My photo
San Francisco, CA, United States

Followers